Nathan was already working when I joined him in Texas, so he got me Boo to keep me company at home. She is a Flame Point Siamese cat, and in many ways my first baby. I love her, she has been my best friend (other than Nathan of course) while being so far away from our families.
Fast forward to 2009, we found out we were adding to our family, but this time not with a furry friend! We always said we wanted to be married for 5 years before having children, and sure enough 3 days before our 5th anniversary we got pregnant. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Lexis joined our family on March 9, 2010, and we love her to pieces! She is an amazing little girl and too smart for her own good sometimes!
Background
Friday, July 29, 2011
So I haven't ever known what to write in a blog, so I guess that's why it took me so long to jump on this bandwagon.....but it seems like a relaxing hobby so I thought I would try it out!
So I guess this first one can answer the question, who are we?
We are the Ramsey's! Nathan, Shelly, Lexis and Boo. Nathan and I met while growing up in San Diego. It's kinda funny because it wasn't until we were married that we found out we each had a "crush" on the other growing up, but were both too shy to approach the other! We have known eachother since we were around 11-12 years old. We started dating when we were 17, and the rest I guess you could say is history......We set out on our first adventure when we got married in 2004 and our second when we moved to San Antonio, TX in 2006 to achieve some of our dreams. We both have good jobs and purchased our beautiful home in 2007.
Nathan was already working when I joined him in Texas, so he got me Boo to keep me company at home. She is a Flame Point Siamese cat, and in many ways my first baby. I love her, she has been my best friend (other than Nathan of course) while being so far away from our families.
Fast forward to 2009, we found out we were adding to our family, but this time not with a furry friend! We always said we wanted to be married for 5 years before having children, and sure enough 3 days before our 5th anniversary we got pregnant. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Lexis joined our family on March 9, 2010, and we love her to pieces! She is an amazing little girl and too smart for her own good sometimes!
Lexi is now almost 17 months old. She is CLIMBING ON EVERYTHING, but I love my little monkey. She is enrolled in gymnastics and loves every second of it. She has been on so many adventures in her short little life. In her first year, she went to Utah (three times), California, and Florida. Road trips were long and took us thru several other states on the way to our destinations.
With all our family located in other states, I hope this helps for our family and friends who are far away to feel like they are a part of our lives! Now, if I can just remember to stay consistent ;)
Nathan was already working when I joined him in Texas, so he got me Boo to keep me company at home. She is a Flame Point Siamese cat, and in many ways my first baby. I love her, she has been my best friend (other than Nathan of course) while being so far away from our families.
Fast forward to 2009, we found out we were adding to our family, but this time not with a furry friend! We always said we wanted to be married for 5 years before having children, and sure enough 3 days before our 5th anniversary we got pregnant. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Lexis joined our family on March 9, 2010, and we love her to pieces! She is an amazing little girl and too smart for her own good sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment