(Baby Boo)
So many of you know that Boo recently got out. It was late on the night of 7/20/11 and I didn't notice her missing until the next morning. Let me backup....
Every night when Nathan gets ready for work, we feed boo and lock her in the laundry room to avoid getting cat hair on Nathan's uniform. Sometimes when Nathan leaves we let her out, other nights she will sleep in there. On this particular night Nathan let her out, but I thought she was still locked up. So Nathan leaves and I walk into the bedroom and find his cell phone. I grab it and run out the back door to try and catch him before he leaves the neighborhood. Little do I know, that because I left the door open when I ran outside, so did Boo. I don't see Nathan and go inside; close and lock the door.
The next morning I go to feed Boo and the laundry room door is open. Huh, I don't remember letting her out and I don't remember seeing her after Nathan left last night. I quickly start searching the house, the closets and spare rooms. Did she get locked in Lexi's room? Check, nope. Nathan gets home from work and I am already super upset, remembering that I ran outside, and that's the only time she could have gotten out. Now, Boo has gotten out before but has always been waiting on the front porch, hungry. So when she wasn't anywhere to be found I got worried. It consumed my mind, where was my kitty cat???
So I post an add on our local Craigslist, and hang posters around the neighborhood hoping someone would see her and call me. I got minimal response, but did get an email from someone that saw her in the neighborhood. I was starting to realize with the Texas heat as hot as it has been, over 100 degrees everyday the past couple weeks, if Boo was out there it was likely she didn't survive the heat. Afterall, she has been gone for 9 days, is declawed, and not used to the intense heat. I pray that if Boo is out there she is safe, not suffering and can find her way home; if she is not out there, that the Lord make sure she knows how much we love her and enjoyed having her as part of our family. I slept better that night than I had for a week and a half.
The next morning, Nathan looked outside and FOUND BOO! I couldn't believe it! She has definately been surviving, she is SKINNY, and has some cuts and bug bites, and was covered with flees. Her paws are burned and scabbed from the hot ground and I am sure from running since she has no self defense. It brought me to tears that my Boo made her way home. We bathed her, gave her food and water and some space to adjust back to being indoors. I am making an appointment for her to see the vet on Monday to make sure all is well and to check the small cuts and bites she has.
I couldn't figure out the lesson the Lord wanted me to learn about this experience, but I think my mom hit it right on the head. We need to appreciate the relationships we have, with our friends and family....and our pets, because we never know when we may lose them. I learned that lesson, and I am so thankful Boo is home, where she is loved.

***BOO UPDATE***
I took Boo to the vet, it was time for her annual appointment and I wanted to get her checked out after her exciting adventure she recently had. The doctor said we are VERY lucky that Boo came home in the first place, and second lucky she doesn't have any major injuries. All Boo's cuts and burns are healing nicely and he said we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just keep an eye on her, make sure she is acting normal and if something funny is going on to bring her back. So Boo's adventures are over and she hasn't seen the sun since she came home ;) *wink wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment