So some of you may know (from an earlier post, or from talking about it) that I have been running everyday for the past couple months. Part of the agreement Nathan and I have is to run a 5k together, and today was the day!
I am not sure why, but I had some anxiety last night about the run and couldn't sleep. So finally at 4am I went to bed hoping that I could get a little nap in before it was time to get up again. It worked, I got up at 6:30am to get ready. Nathan got home from work, and the babysitter got there....it was time to go.
We got to the race location, and checked in at the registration table. Time was coming up fast for the run to start.....I said a little prayer for the strength I needed to finish, and off we went. We kept a pretty consistent pace for the full race. My original goal was to run the first two miles and then take it easy on the third. But I felt pretty good at the two mile mark, and decided to make the commitment to finish the race strong, with out walking. Boy, the third mile was the LONGEST mile ever! I was so ready to quit and walk, but Nathan was amazing and kept telling me how good I was doing and that I could do it, just focus.
I can now hear the announcer....the end is getting close! We were so close, yet seemed SOO far away. Then we rounded the last corner and I could see the finish line. Last minute decision to sprint to the end, so I tell Nathan, "Lets go" and take off! I didn't even realize until I finished the race that he didn't keep up! I cross the finish line at 34 minutes and 28 seconds.....Nathan followed closely behind at 34 minutes and 31 seconds.
It was such a great experience! I had so much fun spending the morning with my husband at the run. We had some good conversations & I was reminded (again) how much I love him. I can't believe I ran the whole race without stopping! and I never could have done it without my best friend. Thank you Nathan for motivating me to do this, and for doing it with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment