Background

Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Holly Homemaker"

Lately I have been getting more and more into making things for our home and for Lexis.  I got a new sewing machine, not anything too fancy but an upgrade from my basic one I had.  I LOVE IT!  In the two or three days since I purchased it I have made Lexi two dresses, and another that I am making for a friend!  The first one I made I found on a crafting blog.....I will have to add it later, I can't think of it off the top of my head right now.  But is a dress made out of a pillowcase with a halloween theme......
It's a little big because how wide the pillowcase was, but I really like the way it turned out!  It's not a costume, but just an outfit that she can wear during the Halloween Season, and I bet she will wear it a lot!

So since I was so happy the way it turned out, except for how big it is on her I decided to make another one, same basic pattern, but instead of using a pillowcase I just used material I had so I could make it a little smaller.  I haven't tried it on her yet, so I hope it fits, but if it does she will be the cutest "bug" in town!
The arm holes are much smaller too than on the first, so that is the only thing I am slightly worried about.  I made them smaller on purpose, but I think maybe they are smaller than I anticipated them to be! oh well, if it's too small then it can be a gift!

I also got curious and made BUTTER!  I knew it was easy, but I didn't realize HOW EASY it was.  It took me about 20 min, a mason jar (small/med one) and some heavy cream......put the cream in the jar and shake!  My arms were so tired afterward, but it was really good butter!  Something that I will probably continue to do now that I know how easy it is!  Now I just need to get the homemade bread mastered, since I don't have a bread machine, and I can have homemade bread and butter!


I wish I didn't have to work so I could enjoy more fun stuff like this, instead of staying up all hours of the night!  Oh well, I will take what I can get for now :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello cute Ramsey family!!! Those dresses are so cute. I really want to get a sewing machine to make fun things like you have... Shane says for Christmas. We heard you guys were coming in town in November. Hopefully we will see you then.

    ReplyDelete