With the close of summer also comes the start of school...one would think school isn't a concern for us yet, after all Lexi is only 17 months old....however, Nathan is the one starting school this semester! I actually should say that he started school, his first day of class was on Monday 8/22. He is working toward his BA and I am so proud of him. School is hard work and I remember how stressful it was BEFORE we had a baby! I hope I can help him by making sure the house is quiet while he studies. He is doing all online courses, so hopefully the fact that the computer is in the same office I work in won't create a problem...
I am also trying to potty train Lexi....I don't know how successful I can say that I am. I have been working with her on sign language (see previous post for videos :) ) and taught her the sign for "potty" (well it's really "toilet") since she doesn't talk enough to tell me when she has to go. Usually I find that she uses the sign after she already goes, or sometimes while she is going. Only a couple times has she told me before and we actually made it to the potty before her diaper was full. I guess it is definately progress that she can recognize when she is at least going. We have only had a couple accidents where the floor paid the price, but overall we are just trying to be consistent. I am thinking maybe I will get some of the cloth training pants so she is more uncomfortable when she doesn't tell us, but haven't made the decision to make the investment.
Hopefully things will go smooth for Nathan and his new beginning in school and Lexi with her potty training, but it's all an adventure for me, (since I will probably be taking the class WITH Nathan, and running to the potty every 30 minutes with Lexi!). Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment